We have an opportunity for a Technical Viticulturist to provide viticultural support to multiple Riverland Vineyard sites totalling 1800 hectares.Learn More & Apply
- Fantastic development opportunity in a viticultural role in the Riverland.
- A pivotal role for providing advanced viticultural advice and recommendations.
- Join one of Australia’s largest family owned Wine Companies.
Kingston Estate is one of Australia’s largest and most progressive family-owned wine companies and vineyard owners, having achieved award winning international recognition and success.
Our Vision: To be the Leading Grower and Producer of Australian Wine for the World
As a Technical Viticulturalist you will be responsible for providing technical support to the Riverland Vineyards sites for monitoring, sampling, research and development work, assisting in block plan preparation, introducing leading edge viticultural innovation and performing other vineyard operations as required. This position will provide support to our six vineyard sites in the Riverland for a range of grape varieties.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing early identification of production limiting targets.
- Maintain the environmental management plan and other record keeping systems and databases.
- Assist in irrigation management, soil nutrition, pest and disease and yield estimation programs to achieve yield and quality targets.
- In addition to in field Riverland Vineyards technical support you will provide technical support to managers at other intra and interstate vineyards, coupled with managing people to assist in your responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture/Viticulture.
- Thorough understanding of warm climate viticulture.
- Solid understanding of regulations effecting viticulture and grape supply practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to prioritise, plan and manage time to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to track and present accurate data and reports.
- Demonstrate a high-level attention to detail.
- Be highly proficient in the use of MS applications.
- Hold a current driver’s licence and Chemical Handling Certificate
- Competitive salary, motor vehicle and mobile phone.
- Being able to work and learn amongst experts in the wine industry.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Uniform and wine allowances.
The successful candidate will share the values of our Company, Accountability, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, Integrity and Respect.
To apply please email your resume and covering letter, detailing your interest and addressing the key criteria of the position to email@example.com or apply via our website (click on the ‘Careers’ tab) by Monday 16 August 2021.
For all enquiries contact the Human Resources Coordinator, Meg Forshaw on 08 8583 0561.
Kingston Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is a Drug and Alcohol-free workplace. All applicants are encouraged to apply and may be required to submit to pre-employment Drug and Alcohol testing as part of the recruitment process.
Apply For This Position